Innovative Pop/Jazz Choir Directing Masterclass with Jim Daus will focus on instant music and vocal painting. This masterclass is open to participants from all over the world. 6 active participants will work with Jim Daus from 22 April 2023 to 27 April 2023 and have a masterclass concert on the final day.
Learn about the TIC philosophy (The Intelligent Choir) and Vocal Painting (international musical sign language) and how to make participatory instant choir music in concert with a blend of composed loop songs and improvisational works.
Jim Daus Hjernøe will provide online classes in advance to learn and prepare for the masterclass.
The participants of all masterclasses will be given free WSCM participation and they will be able to take part in every session and concerts.
In order to apply please send:
- your photograph
- a short bio (150 words)
- include a short CV (pdf document, max three pages)
- a motivational letter (pdf document, max. one page)
- as well as video documentation containing the following parts:
- Sing a pop/jazz song while you accompany yourself on the piano/guitar.
- 12-15 minute video example (one video) from a concert/rehearsal where you are directing jazz/pop repertoire with a vocal ensemble.
Please name all the documents as your name_content (e.g. JohnSmith_CV, JohnSmith_Video etc.) and send all documents to the [email protected]
Deadline for the applications is 20th of January 2023
. Selected names will be announced in the second week of January 2023.